10/10/2009

The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site (2003)


This Canadian four-piece makes what they call folk rock, and that's pretty accurate, but it doesn't account for the strong punk influence in their music (they're on Epitaph, after all...although I suppose nowadays Epitaph is pretty wide-ranging genre-wise, but you get the idea); they're basically the only thing worth a shit to ever come out of Winnipeg

Oh, and this is amazing music for the fall season, so don't sleep on these guys

Myspace
Try It

3 comments:

Manifest said...

Yeah so this is basically one of my favourite albums of all time.

Anonymous said...

Not a V. Snares fan huh?

Twee said...

I actually thought about him right after I made this post, haha. I dunno, I did enjoy Rossz quite a bit. And now that I think about it, Propagandhi is from Winnipeg too, so I supposed the Weakerthans aren't the ONLY thing worth a shit from there.

Just the best :)