6/21/2009

GUILTY PLEASURE WEEK: Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends (2002)


The guilty pleasure.

Everyone has them. No one wants to admit it. But here at Watch the Tapes, I've decided to take a week to show some respect to those artists and albums that might not be all that respectable. Feel free to download and enjoy these albums without the mocking eyes of the jaded record store clerk, silently berating your lack of taste. I won't tell. It'll be our little secret. Promise.

I'm kicking things off with Taking Back Sunday, and their classic (yes, classic) debut album. This album shows Adam Lazzara going through a young breakup, and judging by lines like "you could slit my throat / and with my one last gasping breath / I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt", it's a fuckin' doozey. Call it pop-punk, call it emo, call it 'melodic hardcore' if you have to; whatever you need to do to justify listening to this album, do it, because it's a blast.


No comments: