12/13/2009

Mixtape: Friends, Wimps & Broken Hearts


This mix is pretty aptly titled. I tried to include mostly songs that had to do with friendships - good and bad - but there are some wimps and broken hearts to be found here too. What's a good mixtape without some heartache and stories of off-kilter relationships?

I think this is a pretty fun one, and people in my car who've heard snippets have enjoyed it, so hopefully you will too. Cheers.

Title: Friends, Wimps & Broken Hearts
Length: 1:16:42
Download

Side 1: Do You Think We Could Pretend?

1. My American Heart - "All My Friends"
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "My Friends"
3. Piebald - "Karate Chops for Everyone but Us"
4. The White Stripes - "We're Going to Be Friends"
5. The Matches - "Needs and Wants"
6. The Rentals - "Friends of P."
7. Eels - "Old Shit, New Shit"
8. Vampire Weekend - "Bryn"
9. Rocketship - "Friendships and Love"
10. Kurt Vile - "My Best Friends (Don't Even Pass This)"
11. LCD Soundsystem - "All My Friends"

Side 2: If We're Both Not Married

1. fun. - "Be Calm"
2. The Get Up Kids - "Ten Minutes"
3. The Ruse - "Beautiful is Gone"
4. The Rural Alberta Advantage - "In the Summertime"
5. Eve 6 - "At Least We're Dreaming"
6. Youth Group - "See-Saw"
7. Slow Club - "When I Go"
8. Eyedea & Abilities - "By the Throat"
9. Smash Mouth - "Why Can't We Be Friends"

1 comment:

V. said...

Can't wait to listen to this :)