8/22/2009

Look Mexico - This is Animal Music (2007)


Sorry about the infrequency of the posts lately; life's been unusually stressful lately, and especially so during the last couple of days. I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of things and return to making daily posts, so keep your fingers crossed.

This is the debut album from Tallahassee-based indie/math rock/emo group Look Mexico; they're a great band, and this is an incredible album; if I were to compare them to something posted previously on the blog, it would probably be My Heart to Joy, Hightide Hotel, etc (and Algernon Cadwallader, but I don't think I've posted any of their stuff); basically what I'm getting at, if you couldn't tell (which you can if you know any of the artists I just named), is that these guys are fucking awesome and you shouldn't miss out on this emotional rollercoaster of an album

Also, they're currently working away on their second release, due out sometime this year; keep up with their progress on their blog

Myspace
Try It

2 comments:

Dav said...

They also put on an amazing live show.

huy said...

Definitely looks like an album I'll enjoy. Thanks!