So after hearing it talked up for weeks by a friend of mine, I finally listened to this soundtrack in its entirety (and read the book), and what do you know, it's pretty good if you're into lovey-dovey indie rock from New York (and if you read this blog you probably are)
Also, if you haven't already, I would recommend making your way to your nearest video rental store (or torrent tracker/Usenet network, if that's how you roll) and watching the movie for an enjoyable little romp through that so-called 'perfect night' of music and love and all that happy horseshit, starring Kat Dennings as Lindsay Weir (aka Nora) and Michael Cera as Michael Cera (aka Nick, aka Anthony Michael Hall in the Breakfast Club)
Yeah that's right Cera, I see through your shit; your chuck taylors and orange tic-tacs can't fool me
1. Chris Bell - "Speed of Sound"
2. Devendra Banhart - "Lover"
3. The Jerk Offs - "Screw That Man"
4. Bishop Allen - "Middle Management"
5. Vampire Weekend - "Ottoman"
6. The Dead 60s - "Riot Radio"
7. Takka Takka - "Fever"
8. The Submarines - "Xavia"
9. Project Jenny, Project Jan - "Negative"
10. We are Scientists - "After Hours"
11. Marching Band - "Trust Your Stomach"
12. Band of Horses - "Our Swords"
13. Army Navy - "Silvery Sleds"
14. Richard Hawley - "Baby You're My Light"
15. Shout Out Louds - "Very Loud"
16. Paul Tiernan - "How to Say Goodbye"
17. The Real Tuesday Weld - "Last Words"
18. Mark Mothersbaugh - "Nick & Nora's Theme"
19. Rogue Wave - "Electro-Socket Blues"
Try It Part 1
Try It Part 2