12/17/2008

Mixtape: Remember to Breathe


I will definitely be making new mixtapes within the next few days (and probably an album review or two), but right now I think I'm going to post a couple of old ones that aren't too terribly awful (hopefully).

This is a tape I made a couple of weeks ago. I guess you could call this a crush tape, at least that's how I tried to set it up. Although this also tells something of a story, so I like to think of it as a concept mixtape, if you will (as an aside, I don't think I could be more pretentious if I tried). I included two songs from the soundtrack of the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I re-watched not long before making this tape, so perhaps that film influenced this a little bit. There are some questionable tracks on here, and I am well aware of this (Death Cab and "Hey There Delilah" come to mind). But hey, when a track works, it works. Anyway, enjoy.

Title: Remember to Breathe
Length: 1:00:08
Download

1. Green Day - "At the Library"
2. Woozyhelmet - "Crush"
3. Electric Light Orchestra - "Mr. Blue Sky"
4. The Wombats - "Kill the Director"
5. The Raconteurs - "Hands"
6. Death Cab for Cutie - "I Will Possess Your Heart (7" Edit)"
7. Hole - "Miss World"
8. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"
9. Elliott Smith - "A Passing Feeling"
10. Jon Brion - "Elephant Parade"
11. The Replacements - "Androgynous"
12. Descendents - "Suburban Home"
13. Husker Du - "Monday Will Never Be the Same"
14. Mirah - "The Sun"
15. Eels - "Last Stop: This Town"
16. Get Set Go - "The Old Ennui"
17. Plain White T's - "Hey There Delilah"
18. Modest Mouse - "Ocean Breathes Salty"
19. Why? - "Whispers Into the Other"

No comments: