12/14/2008

Mixtape: Alone/Alive



Alright, this blog is now back from a very long hiatus. What this will mainly be is a place for me to share the mixtapes that I make on a fairly regular basis (usually about once a week). However, there will also be other posts sometimes, like reviews of albums, movies, or books, and maybe even the occasional random-thought blog post.

So, to start it off, here's a mix I made a few days ago. When I made this, I thought this was going to be a straightforward 'fun' tape, but when I listened to it I realized it had way more venom in it than I had intended (consciously, anyway). I like it a lot more than I thought I would, too.

Title: Alone/Alive
Length: 53:39
Download


1. Modest Mouse - I Came as a Rat
2. R.E.M. - Horse to Water
3. Saul Williams - Act III Scene 2 (Shakespeare)
4. The Killers - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
5. Why? - The Hollows
6. Margot & The Nuclear So and So's - Jen is Bringin' the Drugs
7. Starfucker - German Love
8. Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
9. Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
10. Cat Power - Half of You
11. Architecture in Helsinki - Like it or Not
12. Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper
13. The Tallest Man on Earth - Into the Stream
14. Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Drive By
15. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

No comments: