9/24/2009

Mixtape: Enough is Never Quite Enough


Is there a story here?

I don't really know. Maybe there is. It can be hard for me to tell sometimes how much of what I envision being present in a mix is actually conveyed to the other people who hear it. It can also be difficult for me to get a clear idea of what I was feeling when I first made a tape, once a little time has passed.

As for how it sounds, I think how this mix is perceived has a lot to do with your overall attitude toward the world; the pessimistic among you will see it as bleak and downtrodden, while the optimistic will get a much more hopeful set of images from it.

Personally, my opinion on its tone changes from day to day.

Either way, I hope you all enjoy it.

Title: Enough is Never Quite Enough
Length: 1:11:20
Download

1. The Microphones - "Instrumental"
2. The Microphones - "I Felt Your Shape"
3. The Gaslight Anthem - "Here's Looking at You, Kid"
4. Crash Test Dummies - "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"
5. Maniac - "I Gotta Feeling"
6. Beautiful Small Machines - "Servo Manual Chapter 1"
7. Tommy Sparks - "These Things Happen"
8. Cloud Cult - "Everybody Here is a Cloud"
9. Wilco - "You and I"
10. Coldplay - "Parachutes"
11. Billie the Vision & the Dancers - "Liar and a Thief"
12. Metropolis Now - "Mr. Sandman"
13. Cap'n Jazz - "Aok"
14. The Replacements - "Here Comes a Regular"
15. Violent Femmes - "Good Feeling"
16. The Weakerthans - "One Great City!"
17. Harvey Danger - "Problems and Bigger Ones"
18. Windmill - "Spaceship Earth"
19. Mark Mothersbaugh - "I Always Wanted to Be a Tenenbaum"
20. The Dresden Dolls - "The Perfect Fit"
21. Green Day - "Song of the Century"
22. Manchester Orchestra - "I Can Feel a Hot One"

a person can work up a mean, mean thirst

No comments: